About Me...

I am a Senior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Secondary Education with a double major in Social Science. I will be graduating in the Spring of 2011. After graduation, my goal is to be a high school history/psychology/sociology teacher locally here in Mobile, Alabama. I would like to come back to South Alabama to attend graduate school and obtain my Master's degree in Education.

Attitude REALLY is Everything!

I remember when I was in grade school, my teachers would have "attitude is everything" posted on the bulletin boards in our classrooms. I never really grapsed that idea until I got older and more mature! However, I think the measure of your attitude will dictate how much you learn and how well you teach. Having a positive attitude will keep you moving over negative obstacles. Learning attitudes will always keep your head in the game. An "I can do this" attitude will get you through the hard days. But negative attitudes will keep you in the same place you have always been.

In my classroom, I want to display positive attitudes in every thing that I do. I want my students to realize that no matter what, there is always a lesson to be learned, and there is always a way to figure out the puzzle besides settling with "I can't."

Do you have "attitude is everything" in your classroom? Is it a mere expression of wanting your students to behave properly everyday, or does it really mean what it says?

What does it mean to YOU?