About Me...

I am a Senior at the University of South Alabama majoring in Secondary Education with a double major in Social Science. I will be graduating in the Spring of 2011. After graduation, my goal is to be a high school history/psychology/sociology teacher locally here in Mobile, Alabama. I would like to come back to South Alabama to attend graduate school and obtain my Master's degree in Education.

Why I have Chosen to be a Teacher

Teaching has been a childhood dream of mine. I grew up "playing" school when I came home from school. I loved to help my teachers, and I loved being a pretend "teacher" when I came home.

Now that I am in college, learning the "real" tools it takes to be a teacher, it makes me have great anticipation to apply these tools in the classroom with my students. I want to make an impact on every single child that comes through the doors of my classroom and give them the tools to believe in themselves to be successful when they enter their career. So many times teenagers want to give up because a lack of not "knowing" things, so I as a teacher want to teach them to dive for the tools of success.

I enjoy a challenge, I enjoy change, and I enjoy learning. Putting these three things in a classroom with a door revolving with students, and my job will never have a dull moment!